Thursday, June 07, 2007

Bon Voyage!

I'll off for a holiday! Flying of this Friday to Shanghai, Nanjing. 7 Days trip with me parents. I relish the chance to visit China and see for myself just how much the country has developed. After all it is the fastest growing economy in the world today. I guess now's my chance.

I go with some misgivings though. Firstly, because I'm still looking for a job (actively looking now), and the holiday might be an interruption. I can only blame myself, after all I should have started searching earlier rather than procrastinating.

Still, in a way, procrastinating is nice...done once in a while its nice...for a change you know? Especially after mugging like crazy for uni exams...its nice to procrastinate for a change. Procrastinating doesn't sit well with me in the long term though...I need a sense of purpose in order to exist properly. By properly I mean as in be able to live with myself and not feel down and depressed all the time. Somehow slacking at home seems harder than I thought, who would have thought that huh?

I guess slacking and procrastinating is easier for some people. I have a mind which has a bad habit of playing mind games, double crossing and second guessing me. So I need something constructive to do to keep me sane and my mind in line.

The job search is hard though. I guess its because I'm looking for a part-time job in the Civil Service, that and I'm only able to work for a short time, before the next semester starts.

I was speaking with my cousin on MSN. She advises me to be more open, take up jobs other than in the Civil Service. She suggested maybe working for a magazine or something of the sort which can practice my writing skills. Now why didn't I think of that?

For now I guess I should just chill out and enjoy my vacation. I can only hope the recruitment agency doesn't call me while I'm away. Somehow I doubt anybody will call me, not much use for an undergrad who can only work a few months.

I guess I'll just relax and enjoy myself over in Shanghai. If I can't get a job I guess I could always help out my OG (Orientation Group) people do the Arts Camp or Orientation Camp for the new university year. That ought to be fun.

No comments: